Friday, 30 March 2012

New Logo

I made my pink flower cane and caricature cupcake cane the the other week because I was running out of both of those canes. I also needed them for something else that I had in mind and after playing about with pictures of both I can now reveal...


My new logo :)



In black and white



And mini logo


And in black and white


Yep, the pictures on the logo are original FloRaeMe (cane) designs and truly original. I'm feeling quite pleased with myself now!



Tuesday, 27 March 2012

Pink Flower Cane

I made another of my pink flower canes last week. The tutorial for this can was published as part of my Millifiori series in bead magazine. More about that article here: http://floraeme.blogspot.co.uk/2011/11/bead-magazine-article.html



I have used up pretty much all of my previous cane like this so I thought it time to make another. Again, it is made with Kato and Premo clay. I just love the pink in it :) I mixed red with a little violet to create a lovely rasberry colour and then I reduced the value by adding white until I got the pink I wanted. 



I also needed the cane for something specific and I'll post details of that in a few days.





Saturday, 24 March 2012

Caricature Cupcake Cane

I made a new cupcake cane last week. I have plenty of Kato clay, which I like to use for my canes, but I have a mixture of formulations - my colours are an older Kato formula and the white and translucent (which I use more of) are the latest formulation. 


The newest formulation of Kato is a fair bit softer than the older version so when I make a cane, the softer white and translucent will shift (reduce) at a different rate. This means there will be some distortion in the reduced cane.


So to accommodate this, I mixed Premo (a much softer clay) and Kato clay together, to get an even consistency for all colours. I used equal amounts of Kato and Premo. I waited a couple of days (always something I find incredibly difficult because I want to see what I made RIGHT NOW!) and then reduced the cane. It was perhaps a little softer than I had hoped so next time I will use more Kato than Premo to firm the clay up. 


When I was making my cane I could see it was becoming more cartoony than I had initially hoped, so I call it my "caricature cupcake cane".


 

I am sure I will find plenty of use for it. 

Wednesday, 21 March 2012

Tiger Feet

Wow, I see it has been a while since I posted anything. I have been busy doing this and that and somehow just didn't seem to get anywhere with creating anything. 


I did attend the British Polymer Clay Guild's On Safari workshop which took place a couple of weeks ago. We were taught all types of animal print canes including tiger, giraffe and leopard and how to make these fab hollow pendants.




My tiger cane didn't turn out as I had hoped, because I managed initially to put the stripes in the wrong place! D'oh, I did amend this and made some pretty cute beads.


And I made some giraffe print beads too...


and some scrapalicious beads.


Finally I made some more pendants - I just couldn't resist making some tiger feet :)










Wednesday, 7 March 2012

Stroppel Barrels

If you haven't yet tried making a Stroppel Cane, I urge you to give it a go. It is a great way to use up odds and ends of canes and all those half slices we make when trying to get ultra thin cane slices.


I made my first Stroppel cane with a dark blue theme and with it made these beads. I call them my Stroppel Barrell beads.




I used the beads to make up this necklace. I would like to say it was simple to make but those little knots are pretty fiddly and time consuming. I do like how they look when they are finished :)